Important notice: This is beta software!!!
httpbench is a small program for Linux, UNIX and a like written in C which can be used to benchmark HTTP servers. So why implementing a new benchmarking tool? Because I want a specific benchmark featureset which I could not find in another tools such as Apache Benchmarker or Siege and it's more fun to implement my own tool instead of extending the existing tools although other tools are in its most features much more advanced than httpbench! This is the current feature set:
- Iterating over a list of URLs
- Measuring response times and calculating min, max and avg values
- Measuring TCP/HTTP errors
- Multi threaded for concurrent connections (using pthreads)
- Set upper limit of requests per second wanted
- Validation of response strings
- *VERY* simple source code
- Works with Linux, UNIX and a like
To get started fetch httpbench from the deb repository (see Download section) or fetch it from git and compile it.
If you wanna stay in touch please subscribe on freecode.